Completing his apprenticeship in 1981, He went on to direct and manage his own successful boat building business through the 80`s and 90`s. Realising his true passion lay with yacht design he directed his energy into the design side of the business. Very quickly this became the primary source of income with several yards around New Zealand building his designs to the same high standards Bill had gained a reputation for.
Bill has been boating his entire life and has gained a wealth of experience on all things maritime through his journey.
- Initial meeting to discuss the project and set some loose parameters
- A written brief so all parties have a clear understanding
- Preliminary design concept for discussion including performance criteria
- Fine tuning of the design
- Working drawings for construction
- Inspection of vessel during construction
- Sea trials in conjunction with the ship yard
- Hand over and signoff